*Revised from runningtothekitchen.com
EAT LIKE A YOGI: RECIPES FOR A YOGA DIET
NOVEMBER: Brussel Sprouts Pumpkin & Apple Hash
Who says you can't enjoy the fall harvest in one one delicious dish! This quick and easy recipe is sure to be a hit in your gatherings this holiday season.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, sliced
2 cups chopped pumpkin (or butternut squash)
1 pound brussels sprouts, ends chopped and outer leaves removed, sliced
salt and pepper
2 cups chopped apples
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1 1/2 tablespoons Nakano balsamic blend seasoned rice vinegar
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the bacon grease and add the shallot to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the brussel sprouts and pumpkin, season with salt and pepper, stir and let cook for 7-10 minutes until softened and starting to brown on the bottom. Toss and cook another 3 minutes.
4. Add the apples, cranberries and sage, mix and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Turn the heat off, add the vinegar and toss to combine.