Now that's a party in your mouth! In our household taco night is a staple. And if I'm being completely honest... I could live on tacos. So having a variety of creations is a must. Here is this month's favorite... whether you are hosting Cinco de Mayo, settling in after a nice SUP Yoga session or celebrating life in general - try this healthy, simple and delicious recipe and enjoy!
1 head organic cauliflower finely chopped
1 8 oz. package baby bella mushrooms sliced
2 avocados sliced
1 bag organic kale rough chop
1 cup chopped Scallions
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 bunch organic cilantro roughly chopped
1-2 chopped fresh jalapenos (can substitute with pickled jalapeños)
2 organic roma tomatoes diced
8-10 corn tortillas
1 lime or lime juice
Olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
Salt and pepper
1. Sauté garlic, scallions and cauliflower using your choice of olive oil, coconut oil or ghee, cook until tender.
2. In separate pan, sauté mushrooms with your choice of olive oil, coconut oil or ghee and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once the cauliflower and mushrooms are cooked, combined the veggies in one of the hot skillets and put heaps of kale on top to "wilt" with the heat and steam. Gently fold the kale in the mixture.
4.. Take warmed/prepared corn tortillas and build taco as follows:
- Top off with 1-2 slices avocado, diced tomato, jalapeño and lots of cilantro and a touch of lime juice.
4. Extra Credit: Add some Chalula!
Serves about 4 (8-10 tacos)