2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root
1 ½ cups of fresh water
Dash of cayenne
1-2 Tbsp. of honey or maple syrup
1. After cutting a few slices off the ginger root, throw the pieces into your teapot/saucepan filled with fresh water.
2. While the water starts to boil, squeeze the juice of one lemon into your favorite mug.
3. Once the water is done boiling, discard the ginger (into your compost, or save it for vegetable broth scraps!) and add the ginger water into the mug.
4. Take a tablespoon or so of your choice of honey or maple syrup and gently stir into the lemon ginger water.
5. Add a few dashes of cayenne, depending on your preference. On the run or lounging at the house, this drink is equal parts soothing and exhilarating. Enjoy!